Seems I've missed quite a bit in the last few weeks. I'm finally feeling good again and have been trying to get caught up on everything I would've been doing had I not been sick. I still haven't made my hubby's birthday card, but I think (I hope) he's okay with that and knows I'll get to it soon. ;) The house is really clean, I'm burning my favorite Mulled Cider candles, and I even have the house decorated for fall -- and I'm especially loving that because I hadn't pulled out many seasonal decorations at all since we left CA two years ago! Not having our 'home' yet, with so many of our things still in boxes, it just seemed like too much trouble. However, I'm thinking that little things like that not only make the house feel more like 'home' to me, but after seeing how excited my little girl got as she helped me with it, I think it's important for the kids too. ;)
In the blogging world, two of my sweet blogging friends recently thought of me and so I think I'll take a moment to share them with you. First, Barb, gave me a 'sweet' award AND she also tagged me...and then Jeanette tagged me as well! Fortunately, I think I can get away with only playing the tag game once (no need to thank me, I'm already thinking of you! lol). Both of these ladies are very sweet and super talented, and I love to visit their blogs to see their latest creations. I hope you'll take a few minutes to check them out too.
Here's the award:
Isn't it sweet? ;) With the current cupcake craze, how could you not be excited to see this darling little treat come your way? I didn't see any 'rules' on sharing this with other 'sweet' bloggers, so I'm going to take the chicken way out today and tell everyone who reads this post to consider themselves tagged...I haven't really had a lot of response in tagging others in the past, so I figure this will work...for now. ;)
As for my 7 "interesting" facts about me, that's a tough one but I'll give it a shot and hope I don't put anyone to sleep (I wouldn't want you drooling on your keyboard...I hear that's not good for it). Okay, here we go:
1. When I was young, I wanted to be a marine biologist and study sharks when I grew up...until I learned that you'd have to actually get into the water with them to do it!
2. About the time I first got married, I was sure I didn't want to have any children...now I have five and a stepdaughter!
3. In order to ease the symptoms of hot flashes and whacky hormones, I daily drink a somewhat nasty herbal concoction (that I have to brew myself from things like roots, bark, berries, and herbs that are 'prescribed' for me). It's been over two years now and, even though I don't like the taste of my, um, special tea and it's really expensive, I can't imagine life without it. (I'm not a big fan of conventional medicine.)
4. My second husband and I went to the same elementary, junior high, and high school (and we even shared a 5th/6th combination class together), but we never knew each other.
5. My second husband and I married within six months of our first date...and we're going to be celebrating our 13th anniversary in a couple months! (I'm sure it's because we didn't know each other growing up! lol)
6. I've never been to Hawaii or on a cruise. Yes, I live a sheltered life. ;)
7. I broke one of my upper front teeth in half and had to wear a SILVER (as in shiny!) cap on it from fourth grade through eighth grade until they finally replaced it with a porcelain cap (since I never had to wear braces, all I can figure is it was the dentist's way of making sure I'd be teased mercilessly by the guys -lol).
Okay...you can wake up now! So who's up for playing along with me (see above as to why I'm not going to name names right now)? Please feel free to share some random facts about yourself and be sure to comment here so I can go check it out. It's always fun to get to learn a bit more about the people behind the talent shared on the blogs we frequent. ;)
Thanks so much for the visit, and I hope you'll stop by again soon. Until then, many blessings to you!